Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Things I Know About Myself

I have spent the last few years apparently forgetting anything and everything positive about myself.  In the last few weeks I have tried to begin rediscovering my strengths, and I am learning that it is ok to own my strengths. Not to hold them over anyone, but to know that I have them, and that they are an important part of who I am. I feel a little bit like the guy on SNL saying "and gosh darn it, people like me." Silly or not, here are a few of the things I choose to acknowledge about myself and be proud of - in case I need a reminder some day... like next week:

- I can be persistent and highly motivated
- It is important to me to be kind
- I have a strong sense of empathy
- I can be quick-witted when I stop worrying what people think so much.
- I am a peace-maker
- I am trustworthy

That's what I have for now. I hope to find a bigger list for myself soon. Babysteps. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment