Friday, March 29, 2013

Unanswered calls,
Questions still hanging.
Waiting for you
And the silence is clanging

Ringing around in my ears
clouding my mind.
Shattering self worth
I've worked so hard to find.

I've come at you with anger
I've come to you with tears
I've screamed to break your silence,
I've cried so many years,

I used to try so hard to please
to be someone you'd finally see,
But it was never good enough
to make you look one time at me.

I told myself I could just change
I'd be the one you wanted
but I'm tired now, it didn't pay
and you, still empty, haunted.

So we circled awhile
out of each other's way
drifting in and out
of an endless stream of days.

Going throught the motions
keeping our routines
but I'm tired now, its hasn't paid
but I don't know what that means.

I've come at you with anger
I've come to you with tears
I've screamed to break your silence,
I've cried so many years.

I've come to know I'll never
feel needed, loved and warm,
So now I pray for strength to stay
and live with what is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment