Tuesday, January 19, 2016

From Ash

Heartbreak and relief all in one breath. I wish this on no one, but I know so many have gone before and made it through better and stronger. The life we know is gone, but a new one with different blessings awaits. I will lose many comforts, but new more important things will take their place. I will cry and mourn, and smile and laugh, and on the other side I will find some day in the future that I am whole once again. Changed. Morphed. Maybe even scarred. But tougher. Happier. And free to start again, this time holding on to who I am and becoming who I was always meant to be. I have few regrets, because even in the ashes I can see so much beauty that was given to me as lavish gifts in the middle of storms. My children for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment