Saturday, June 14, 2014

Bye Bye Facebook

As mentioned before, I recently dumped my mistress (mister???). Its name was Facebook.  And while I will still occasionally be online for this or that reason, I have decided to try to keep it out of my life as much as possible... which leaves my poor mama kindof high and dry when it comes to pictures of the kiddos.  Plus I need somewhere to post the funny things my kids say and do... which is why I'm here!!  This summer I have a variety of adventures and activities planned for us, and I hope to snap pics along the way, and at least once a week visit here to share the highlights and lowlights, leaving me a bit more hands-free to enjoy my family!

Our first adventure this last week was an attempt at Geocaching.  And while we did not in fact find a cache, I refuse to call it a complete failure.

We got out in the sun together
Saw beautiful horses

Got some good excercize
Talked about and touched moss on a tree

Took lots of pictures, learned about latitude and longitude
Found a playground

A big playground

And laughed and giggled!
  After which, the kiddos were beyond tired... my timing may have left a lot to be desired.  But we did it!  I awarded Maddox the Super-Trooper award for keeping up and walking the whole way without needing to be carried, and without complaining.  The other two both needed to be carried a bit, and did quite a lot of complaining lol.  There were definitely some kinks to work out, but I think we will definitely try it again sometime!

This post is already getting long, so I'll post more tomorrow if I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment